It's Beckett's world - you just live in it.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tunnels

This was my tunnel:
It wasn't me! I didn't do it!
Digging to China. BRB.
Hole

I worked hard on my tunnel. It was a work of art, an engineering marvel!

Last weekend, my Grandpa came to visit. We had lots of fun but somehow THIS happened to my tunnel:
Beckett's tunnel has been filled in

Mom says it took 440 pounds of concrete to fill in my tunnel. However, while she and Grandpa were working on that, I had a breakthrough while thinking about tunneling, and that evening I tried a new method: tunneling PERPENDICULAR to the fence. Mom was cooking dinner and the doorbell rang, and there I was with my buddy the neighbor! Boy, was my mom surprised!

Unfortunately, that tunnel now looks like this:
The previously successful escape tunnel

D'oh!

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Beckett!
No more tunnels?? Hmmmm...
I can imagine your mom's face when you came with your buddy!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Stella said...

I think you need to spend more time in Warshington DC and less time in your backyard digging.

Seriously,
Stella

Joe Stains said...

you need a miners cap, a canary, some sandwiches and NEW NEIGHBORS. sheesh, he sure ruined your attempt at FUN.

Petra said...

Beckett, you are an amazing tunnel digger! I can't believe that your creative talent isn't appreciated and attempts are being made to stop your tunnel building. Geesch!