It's Beckett's world - you just live in it.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Google Reader News

Google has announced that they will be shutting down Google Reader on July 1st. If you follow blogs this means you'll need to find a new reader for that. Lifehacker has a post about other readers you can try out. Right now several of them are overwhelmed but by the time Reader goes away they should (I hope) be up to the new load. I suspect they'll be ready within a few days. These readers will do the same thing as Google Reader but they do look a bit different. Some of them already let you sign in with your Google Reader account and automatically import your subscriptions but some of them don't, so I'm going to show you the steps to export your subscriptions from Reader so you can import them elsewhere. If you don't want to use your Google account on your new reader you can also use the import option. Click to embiggen:

And here's a picture of ME!

Sooooo handsome

I don't blog much anymore (obviously) but I am on Facebook!

3 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Just curious to know if you have tried any of the other options and what you think. It is all a bit overwhelming.

Beckett said...

I've been trying out Feedly, which is okay but it looks a lot different from Google Reader. I don't like Netvibes. I'm hoping that The Old Reader will work well and look similar to Google Reader but right now they are having capacity issues. I'll make a follow up blog post in a week or two to let pups and people know what I like best.

Beckett the Tech Dog

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't like netvibes at all either. I will take a look at Feedly.