It's Beckett's world - you just live in it.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mehitabel speaks

Greetings. I am Mehitabel and I live with my servant and the noisy one.

You may remember that this was one of the first pictures of me on this blog:
Uh oh...

Well, I have been much too busy to blog - I had to get this house in order, train my servant (good help is so hard to find), teach the noisy one a few things, and grow.

Grow? The servant was told that I was full-grown when I came to live with her. She was also told that I was a short haired cat. I settled in, got rid of my fleas, and set about my plan.
Does Miss Mehitabel need to go to boxhab?

The servant began to notice something about me. Something suspiciously FLOOFY:
Floofy tail

I was then a small cat with a floofy tail. But then I started to grow, and my furs started to grow, until something suspiciously like cataloons were noticed by the servant.
Cataloons

The servant, who for some reason knows more about dogs than cats, began to read about cat breeds. She was looking for a breed with a long, floofy tail, ear floof, cataloons, and a flat long coat. Someone mentioned Maine Coon. And the light began to dawn in her slow, human consciousness. I was not a small, full-grown, short-haired cat. I, Mehitabel, descended from Egyptian royalty, am a Maine Coon.
Mehitabel gazes into the future

The servant says she's going to need to get a bigger cat carrier.

7 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mehitabel, we don't know a lot about cat breeds, but we do know that you are just gorgeous. And you have come to a wonderful home too.


Woos, Phantom and Thunder

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I think woo've been studying my blog when the noisy one (as woo refer to the HANDSOME khanine in the house) had my page open!

Nice floof!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mehitabel!
I guess we are going to learn a lot about cat breeds too!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Stella said...

You were just a little kitty when you came, now you are a big, beautiful cat. I love your floofiness.

Toujour gai, Mehitabel!

Kisses,
Stella

Hi to Beckett!

Fred said...

Mehitabel, you are bootyfull! (And your name is hard to spell.)

A said...

HA! Maine Coon -- beautiful! The tail is a dead giveaway :)

Joe Stains said...

AND my goodness, your Mom is going to need a couple of those lint roller brush thingies. You are pretty, for a CAT.