It's Beckett's world - you just live in it.

Monday, June 29, 2009

What the Feline?!?!

The strangest thing happened yesterday. Mom went to church and came home with a C-A-T and a crying woman. WTF?!? (That stands for What the Feline.)

It turns out that the woman was going through a rough spell in her life and had to move out of state suddenly. She wasn't able to take her cat with her, she hadn't been able to find a new home for her, and she couldn't face taking her to the pound. All the no-kill shelters around here are already overflowing with animals.

The woman was in so much pain that Mom had to help her out. So she told the woman that she would take the cat and see how she and I got along. If we get along, Missy will join our family. If we don't, she'll stay in our guest room until Mom can find a good home for her.

I would really like to play with her, but Mom says I need to give her some time to adjust to her new surroundings. Right now she is making herself at home in the guest room.

Uh oh...

Missy

Missy

What do you think? Should Missy and I live in harmony?

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

She is khute....

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: But she is a KHAT....what a khatch 22!

Stella said...

Definitely you should live in peace with this sweet kitty. All you have to do is just lay around, and let her come to you. Cats are very curious and they want to know all about everything. If you do that, and make friends slowly, you will have a nice bunkie at your house.

My problem is I have some herding blood in me and I want to chase our cat and she just hates me for that. But we keep working on our relationship and so far, all is better.

Huffle might have some advice for you too.

Kisses,
Stella

Life With Dogs said...

I'd keep one around - you never know when you'll run out of treats...

;)

Joe Stains said...

Its a tough choice for sure, how do you know if she is a nice kitty or one of those crazy killer cats?!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Beckett!
Now I understand the WTF!
I hope you two get along well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mack said...

YES! What a great thing your momma did. I bet you and the kitteh will become fast friends!