It's Beckett's world - you just live in it.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Mini Tour

I've really enjoyed the neighborhood tours that Big Pupi and Sophie Brador have done recently, so this afternoon I convinced Mom that we should do a tour. The area right around our house isn't very exciting (it looks like a subdivision) so I suggested that we go over to campus so I could show you some of my favorite spots. We did this... but there was a speck of dust on the lens of the camera and most of the photos have a big blotch on them. So here's a MINI tour.

This is me greeting the University of South Alabama mascot, the jaguar.
DSC_0015.JPG
There is this handsome jaguar statue, and two mascots that come to sporting and other special events: Southpaw and Miss Pawla. (They used to have a real jaguar but she retired to a wildlife preserve after someone forgot to lock her cage after cleaning and she got out.)

Last year Southpaw won a best mascot contest conducted during March Madness by the Chicago Tribune, probably due to mass voting spurred on by daily email reminders from the public relations office. Unfortunately, the Jaguar basketball team didn't make it past the first round, which totally screwed my Mom's bracket. LOL.

Here I am on the steps of Alumni Hall:
Handsome devil
This picture is just here because I am so handsome, don't you think?

This is the sign in front of the building my Mom works in.
Beckett thinks this sign is lame
The building is actually called the University Library, because there are several other libraries on campus, but they still have this dumb sign that reminds Mom of John Belushi's sweatshirt in Animal House.

Well, that's not much of a tour so please accept a raincheck. I'll remind Mom to clean the camera lens next time. What a doofus!

7 comments:

Joe Stains said...

Mom really wanted to be a librarian when she was in college. She worked at the library when she was in school and just loved it. Talk about a doofus, if she would just FINISH college maybe she could be one!

Petra said...

This was a great mini-tour, Beckett, and you'll have to show us more! My mom works at a university, too, and our mascot is a redbird. His name is Reggie. Your jaguar mascot is much more threatening than Reggie Redbird! And your picture is the most handsome one of all!

Asta said...

Beckett
We love Libawies..you must be pwoud of youw Mom, even if she doesn't take enuff pictoowes..I think you should be the mascot you awe the bestest looking!!!
I thabnk you fow youw idea aout Mommi dwessing up like the chicken next yeaw, hehehe
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Petra said...

Hey Beckett! I've got an award for you on my blog!

Stanislaw said...

You look smashing in red! And thanks for the tour. Your home looks nice and full of trees. Which probably means there's lots of tasty tree lobsters around!

Petra said...

I bet we'd have fun running in circles together, Beckett! My tail is so little I can't tuck it under me.

Stella said...

Hey Beckett!

Your mini tour was nice, both my Mom and I looked at it.

Second of all, you said you wanted to see snow. We want to offer you an invite to visit us in Snowy Minnesota anytime you want to come. Its pretty much fun, we don't have any right now, but its on the way! Anytime between November 1st and May 15th should be just fine.

Your Sophie Brador costume was very cool. Next year I might go as BentheRotti!

Kisses from Stella